SILENT THUNDER MONKS AND NUNS
Ten vows to become a Silent Thunder monk or nun
1. Instead of killing by the sword, murdering by disrespect, destroying by defining, shall you be a champion for what is alive?
2. Instead of taking what is not offered, demanding what is not earned, conniving for egotistical gain, shall you be a champion of restraint from theft?
3. Instead of choosing pleasure over Spirit, condoning or participating in what is perverse, submitting to life-force draining urges, shall you be a champion for celibacy?
4. Instead of enabling the indulgent, neglecting to acknowledge what is real, pretending to be something you are not, shall you be a champion for truth?
5. Instead of seeking comfort in intoxicants, relying on mind-altering substances to do your work for you, shall you be a champion for natural exuberance?
6. Instead of wasting your human opportunity, settling for mediocrity, defacing your bodily temple, shall you be a champion of CHI cultivation?
7. Instead of eating for entertainment, habit, consolation, or consuming what is convenient, shall you be a champion for the nutritious diet?
8. Instead of playing the victim, shall you take full responsibility for your life?
9.Shall you follow Buddha's Eightfold Path, in preparation for enlightenment, even though enlightenment might seem impossible?
10. Do you consider all creation to emanate from God, and shall you spend your days in seeking a more profound understanding of Him?
Commitment options: 3 months, 1 year, or life time